Dear Friends of BCA:
Can you believe that October is already here? Time flies when you are having fun! There are several important announcements for this month of which I would like to make you aware.
· I understand the difficulties in changing teachers during the school year but sometimes it is a necessity. Mrs. Pace, who took over for Mrs. Birt, will not be able to continue teaching at BCA. Her husband is going through serious cancer treatments and she needs to spend time with him. Please be in prayer for their family. As a result, we are forced to make several changes with teachers in order to put the best teacher in these classes. The following changes will be made:
o Starting today (10/3), Mrs. Hoffmann will be teaching the 6th grade Bible class and Mrs. Stokes will be teaching the 8th grade Bible class. This will also be true for the homeroom time.
o Starting on Tuesday next week (10/11, the first day of the 2nd quarter), Mrs. Harrington will be teaching the 9th-11th English classes and Mrs. Stokes will be teaching the 6th-8th English classes and the 6th grade math class.
· In the past, our senior class sold snacks during the lunch time to help fund their senior trip. They will begin doing this again tomorrow (10/4). Snacks will cost $0.50.
· School Picture Day for grades K5-11th will be this Friday, October 7 (this is a change from the original school calendar). Students are to wear regular school uniforms that day. Please make sure that boys are meeting the haircut code (out of the eyes, off the ears, off the collar) and that high school boys are clean shaven. Picture Day for preschool and daycare will still be on Tuesday, October 11.
· First Free Will Baptist Church of Brunswick will be holding revival services next week, Sunday through Thursday. Guest speaker Pastor Thad Jacobs will be preaching each service. Sunday’s services are at 11 AM and 6 PM, Monday through Thursday nights will be at 7 PM. BCA students will have combined chapel services at 8:15 Monday through Wednesday (chapel dress only on Wednesday). We would like to invite everyone to attend these special meetings!
· Monday, October 10 is the last day of the 1st quarter. Don’t forget to access your child’s grades through Gradelink.
· The senior class will be hosting a spaghetti dinner on Wednesday, October 19 from 4:00-6:00 PM in the BCA lunchroom. Cost is $8. Dine in or take out.
· Our annual Fall Festival is coming up soon on Saturday, October 22. Teachers are making plans for their booth and baskets. Please help them as they prepare for this great day.
· Friday, October 28 is our annual Teen Night activity. More information will be given later.
· The annual event of the Georgia Bulldogs losing to the Florida Gators is coming up at the end of October. The Friday before the BIG game, October 28, students will be allowed to wear shirts and hats in favor of their team. Please, no jeans, face or hair paint on that day. Regular uniform pants should be worn. We look forward to celebrating another great Gator victory!
Here in the newsroom, you can stay up to date on all the happenings and goings-on of Brunswick Christian Academy.